Thursday, October 30, 2008

TRICKSTER


To my delight, I was recently re-introduced to a beautiful coyote named Charlie. After being away from the site for a while I came back with a heightened interest this time. Maybe because I hear coyotes a lot where I live and it triggered my fond memory of Charlie.

This illustration, TRICKSTER, I created some years ago now, but I was inspired to post it today because of Charlie and his friend, Shreve. You can read about them and their endearing story on their web-site which I have been following titled Daily Coyote. Charlie was orphaned and rescued as a pup and re-parented by Shreve, a talented and wise young woman living in Wyoming. This link will start you at the beginning of their connection, then you can move up to present day as you desire. I have always been amused and in awe of these wonderful wild creatures and to have such a close relationship with one must be a rewarding gift and, of course, not without challenges, from what I have read from Shreve's writings.

Remember the wild things and treat them with respect.

No comments: