Sunday, January 11, 2009

DECORATED DOE


DECORATED DOE is an older piece that I often come back to just to feel the essence of doe. They are so graceful and I always feel blessed and graced with a special visit when one tiptoes through our property. I once had a dream many years ago of walking on the soft, needle covered shore of a quiet, wooded lake where I encountered a doe. She approached me, both of us without fear. She came closer and I gently wrapped my arms around her neck, her warm body against mine with her head resting over my shoulder as if in an embrace. Her spirit felt so gentle and then it was as though we dissolved into each other's energy becoming one. It was most magical and has stayed with me ever since. I will never understand how anyone could take aim and bring one down. It is that angst and my love of wild things in nature inspires my work. Thanks for checking in.

Click on the photo for a larger image.

No comments: