Wednesday, June 24, 2009

THE FIRST OF MANY


GreyBird Barn hovering in the calm before the welcomed storm.

In my previous post I mentioned that a group of five artists birthed the idea of an Artist Studio Sale at Shane's GreyBird Barn. After much preparatory work Shane's barn was transformed into an intimate gallery setting. The art-enthused visitors flowed through in a steady stream both days. We are all so pleased with the results of this event. It has grounded itself as the first of many studio sales we will present at Shane's GreyBird Barn. The weekend was full of art collectors as well as those who came to observe and offer their valued words of appreciation and praise. Thank you to all who stopped by over the weekend to help make our affair have a favorable outcome. AND to all who helped weave it all together and offered help throughout the weekend. There are not enough words to express our appreciation and gratitude.
A personal note of thanks and huge amounts of gratitude to my dear sister, Wendy, who was at my side helping haul, hang, and break down the show as well as making and bringing me lunch and preparing other various meals. Wendy, you brought lightness and laughter, love and support to a task that would not have been as much fun without you. THANK YOU from the wholeness of my heart.


Entering GreyBird Barn Studio/Gallery



My work, Linda Jarvis



A little bit of me (foreground left), Lynn Anju, Shane Miller and Diane Gale (foreground right)



Again, a little bit of me (foreground left), Shane Miller and Diane Gale



Diane (foreground), Lynn (left) and Shane (back)



Beverly Saito



The Artists - Me (Linda), Lynn, Silas (Beverly's Husband/the zen man), Diane, and Shane

No comments: