Saturday, March 24, 2012

SEEKING REFLECTION



I think, at one time or I would hope many others, we seek to reflect on ourselves, our lives, our paths, our deeds. I also sense the changing of seasons brings on this meditative, contemplative state for pondering our lives, especially spring with the rebirth of our natural world in so many dimensions.

In this piece, SEEKING REFLECTION, another small one, I depict a bird studying its own likeness in the still waters. As I write this, in retrospect, perhaps a stronger narrative would have been disrupted waters where it can be more difficult to reflect.

I brought in more reflective elements with the use of dental mirrors. I rendered the finished image with acrylic paint and colored pencil. The overall measurement of this piece is about 6" X 3".

Remember to click on the photo for a larger image.


No comments: