Wednesday, January 16, 2008

THE CROW'S NEST


THE CROW'S NEST is one of my favorite pieces. I guess it is because it represents the wonderful world of crows and ravens, the intellects of our birdlings. Today I heard a raven in the distance. As he flew over me he sent out his throaty, gravelly call. I called back, pretty nicely I might add, but he kept going without answering. However, as he flew by, the whispers of his wings pushing the air landed so quietly on my ears it nearly took my breath away. So magical is that moment when that sound barely breaks the silence, but it is enough to make my heart race.

THE CROW'S NEST is stilted with metal street cleaner bristles, accompanied with handcrafted papers, horseshoe nail, scrap metal, pounded aluminum sheeting, beads, nails, wire. Nested within is my illustration of crow. (click on photo for larger image)

No comments: