Friday, January 18, 2008

MOON COMES TO STEAL RAVEN'S TREASURES


Here again is a piece that repeats the theme of crows and ravens. They appear in my work frequently, as you have probably seen throughout my blog, an indication of my passion for them. The attraction of shiny objects is large in their appetite for mischief so collecting is one of their all time favorite pass times. Here raven protects precious treasures from the rising moon, as the goods are illuminated making it all the easier to steal them.

MOON COMES TO STEAL RAVEN'S TREASURES is a collection of a silver cone, hair, beads, bee button, paper, metal street cleaner bristles, aluminum ring with vellum and an augmented print of raven taken from my original illustration. (click on the photo for larger image)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To which of these amazingly beautiful, wonderful, whimsical assemblages & sculptures should I comment on? How does one decide? And then the appropriateness of description is in itself another form of art. Of all of them I find myself wanting to be a part of; that calm and genuine reflection found in the artist's mind to create such a piece. I want to reach for that moon, hold out my hand to catch that feather from the sky, see what the bear sees, and be the Raven that I can only hear within the artist's work. I'm in awe...