Sunday, March 1, 2009

ELEMENTS & COMPONENTS


As you can gather from viewing my works in past posts it is made up of components and elements. This raven is part of a piece I have painted for STREETS AND ROADS, a show that opens this week, Friday, at Bainbridge Arts and Crafts Gallery. The blue bird below is also an element from a piece I have painted for the same exhibit. This is a new direction for me and I am rather absorbed by it. I am anxiously awaiting some cradle boards my sister is bringing to me this week. New works . . . This is always exciting and sometimes carries some uncertainty not knowing exactly where one will end up when finished. It has been a fun exploration. If you are not near this gallery to come to the opening or visit the gallery during the show's display, come back to my blog to see the finished pieces.

No comments: