Monday, August 30, 2010

STARLIT GAZES


This piece, STARLIT GAZES, is a much smaller 2D piece and unusual for me to render, but I had fun bringing it about. It is a simple piece, yet still has depth to it as I put spacers between the glass and the matte with additional spacers between the matte and the art itself (not shown-the photo of this image was taken before I nestled it into the frame) I enjoyed working in this smaller format (once framed it measured 9" X 9") and hope to do more. The next piece I will be posting is small in nature also, but in an assemblage composition.

This was the first piece to sell at the BIRDS OF A FEATHER exhibit at Northwinds, a recent show mentioned in previous posts. I am happy to say it now resides with a friend and fellow local artist, painter and illustrator, Max Grover, along with his cats in his very fun and artful home. I can understand why he was drawn to this piece since his paintings are so whimsically fun, colorful and playful. You can see more of Max's work at his web-site. His motto is Fun Art for the Serious Mind. I like that.
Thanks Max. I am delighted and flattered you connected with STARLIT GAZES.

No comments: