Monday, March 12, 2012

STUDIO TIME . . .


I am astonished at how much time has lapsed since I last posted. To those of you who have come again and again to take a look at what might be new, I apologize for the absence of more recent content. Circumstances keep my studio hours pretty scattered, but I am working to get a new body of work together for a show in May at Northwinds Art Center in Port Townsend, WA. The deadline is creeping up on me fast and swift.

This is one of the new pieces I am working on. It is small...the cradle board is 3 X 4. It is painted in acrylic and colored pencil and the copper is the outside casing over old electrical wire I manipulated into cylindrical cone-like shapes as finials with the tops flared open
and a mock nest. I may title it LOOKING FOR A PLACE TO CALL HOME which was suggested to me while brainstorming for titles...or MOVING DAY or... This task still persists...

No comments: