Saturday, April 27, 2013

JOURNALS OF A WANDERING TRAVELER

This is one of four pieces I crafted for the book show, Coming Unbound: Book As Sculpture, at Northwind Arts Center in Port Townsend. I titled it JOURNALS OF A WANDERING TRAVELER. The roof is made from a dear, small book I happened to have 2 of so I sacrificed one to put a roof on my small, wheeled, mobile shelter. I usually do not like to mutilate books as I feel they are a precious and important part of our culture, of our human experience, but adding this small book to this piece felt OK or maybe I am just rationalizing....
The small journals (below) that slide into the hollow cavity on the front of the shelter are 2 that I made especially for this piece.


The dimensions of this piece are approximately 8" X 4" X 4". Click on photos for larger image.
Thanks for checking in and be sure to come back to see another piece from this show I will be posting in the near future.

REMEMBER to click on the photos for a larger image.

No comments: