Saturday, February 1, 2020

WINTER DOLDRUMS

Haven't been very active in my studio this winter...not very inspired and a bit distracted, dismayed and saddened by what is happening to our country and as a result affecting our foreign relationships around the world and the direction of the political system. However, I will stay optimistic and do all I can to bring our country back to some sense of sanity and support and vote for those I know will keep democracy alive.

But let's leave that subject behind so as to have a brighter outlook. My studio has calling for my attention, for sure, despite my ignoring said calls. It is in much need of clearing-out and freshening-up, thus creating a clean slate to start anew. I am overwhelmed by the prospect of the purge, but will gain more energy for climbing out of hibernation and digging-in as our days get longer with more hours of light...ah, the light...we need that light.

Thanks for sticking with me despite the lack of posts. Keep checking is as I may just surprise you...and thanks for your patience and persistence in pursuing these pages...your attention and support are much appreciated.

Here is a close-up detail of a piece I did a number of years ago... 
BY THE LIGHT OF THE SILVERY MOON -  seems appropriate for the moment.


 

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Hello from us down in So.Ca. Baron would comment he says but he doesn't do computer..
We miss you down here, Google Barons name to see what hes been up to.
It's been a long time, Beenda.🥰 I'm going back to Hawaii when I can get on a plane..for good..Please get in touch.