Friday, January 25, 2008

WHERE THE MOON SLEEPS



I love our moon. I think it is so wonderful that we live on a planet that has a moon, a natural satellite. A luna to gaze out upon when she chooses to be seen in various phases as she peeks out of the darkness. I've always found a comfort in the bright illumination as it creates shadows. I love walking in and out of the dark and light spaces that are formed as the light filters through trees during a moonlit walk. But, I also muse in my imagination, where does the moon sleep? And in that phantasia came the inspiration that brought into being this piece, WHERE THE MOON SLEEPS.

WHERE THE MOON SLEEPS is shown within a structure covered with dress pattern tissue paper, hammered aluminum sheeting, metal street cleaner bristles, aluminum tape, aluminum tubing, beads, tacks, wire, and other found objects. (click on the photos for larger images)

No comments: