Monday, February 25, 2008

LUNA


Luna, she comes up so much in my work. It is of no wonder as she is so captivating. I was awed and transfixed by the moon the other night when she was shadowed by our earth. My husband and I went out in the cool evening and set up our tri-pod. He took some pictures and then, due to the cold air and being underdressed, he went inside. I, however, stayed out and captured most of the event on my smaller digital camera, which is better for common day and macro photography, but to my surprise and delight, it did a pretty good job on expressing what I was experiencing, nonetheless. I was grateful that is was a clear and crisp evening, so we could witness this magical event. Though it is not rare, it is always enchanting to see the shadow of our earth against our beautiful moon.


This photo was taken while the eclipse was beginning to wane so the orange glow was fading. We live in the woods so we were having peekaboo views which this photo illustrates. I hope you were able to see this alluring phenomenon.

No comments: