Friday, February 1, 2008

MESSAGES FROM THE SKY


One of the first things I do every morning is take a walk in our woods with our dog, Kinta. It gets me connected to who I am and helps me get engaged with the day. Nature is a miraculous omnipresence that is a great source for my daily musing. One of the wonders of walking in nature is finding a fallen feather. They are such amazing works of engineering, functionality, and beauty. I like to think of them as little messages that fall to earth...a gift to ponder. I have an abundant collection of found feathers all of which awakened a creative impulse to construct MESSAGES FROM THE SKY.

MESSAGES FROM THE SKY imparts a view into a collection made up of multiple feathers, string, tacks, augmented photo of clouds, wire constructed nest holding a polymer clay egg, within a 3/4" deep inset surrounded by metal street cleaner bristles behind glass and matted frame. (click on photo for larger image)

No comments: